Here are 5 ways composite matting helps projects manage sediment and erosion control.
- Creates an interlocked surface to prevent vehicle tyres and tracks from rutting the ground and carrying soil across site.
- Equipment load is spread across surface of mat, protecting plant root substructure and help keep soil integrity.
- Installation can be done while on the mat with minimal or no ground preparation required.
- Compared with imported fill material, there is no need to top-up or reinspect after rain events.
- Soil on composite matting can be rinsed off, keeping everything onsite. No costly decontamination and remediation procedures on removal.
Below are some images of DuraBase Composite Mats installed on tidal flats, creek beds and beach sand.
Need assistance to assess site conditions? Talk to a composite matting expert today on 1800 BOG MAT or click here.