Here are five ways composite matting helps projects manage sediment and erosion control.
- Creates an interlocked surface to prevent vehicle tyres and tracks from rutting the ground and carrying soil across site.
- Equipment load is spread across surface of mat, protecting plant root substructure and help keep soil integrity.
- Installation can be done while on the mat with minimal or no ground preparation required.
- Compared with imported fill material, there is no need to top-up or reinspect after rain events.
- Soil on composite matting can be rinsed off, keeping everything onsite. No costly decontamination and remediation procedures on removal.
Below are some images of Dura-Base Composite Mats installed on tidal flats, creek beds and beach sand.
Need assistance to assess site conditions? Talk to a composite matting expert today on 1800 BOG MAT or click here.