During these uncertain times as every nation battles to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, it is heartening to hear of the amazing work our partner, Matrax Inc, is doing in the United States.
They have recently assisted in the construction of 2 outdoor COVID-19 screening shelters as part of the emergency response to the growing number of cases in California. Jerry L Pettis Memorial Veterans Hospital has assessed that the Matrax 4x4 Composite Mats were ideal flooring for their makeshift clinics because the mats:
- can be decontaminated by power washing with hot water and soap daily
- are newly manufactured and clean
- provides elevation, keeping patients and medical equipment from rain water
- are light weight yet robust, allowing easy installation and removal
- interlocks together for a safe and rigid surface free of trip hazards
Read the full article here.
While we are lucky that in Australia, statistics shows signs of slowdown, we are making preparations and learning from our friends overseas.
The very same Matrax 4x4 Composite Mats are currently in Australia and available at our depots. These were originally meant for events industry which is currently on hold. We are making these portable flooring available rent-free for projects supporting COVID-19 emergency works.
If this is applicable to you or a contact you know, simply get in touch with us today through our contact form or calling on 1800 264628.