We've been announced as finalists in the 2020 Prospect Awards for Austmine Innovative Mining Solution!
DURA-BASE Composite Mats has been selected for their innovative solution to temporary access roads, work platforms and ground improvement.
Their capabilities were highlighted during the emergency recovery and repair operations at Julia Creek and Nelia in 2019 and Prairie in 2020 where heavy storms forced the closure to the Mount Isa Line, a critical mining supply route.
DURA-BASE excelled in the areas of improving safety, productivity, efficiency and cost savings. In one instance, the repairs to Mount Isa Line was completed in 11 weeks, well under the inital estimate of 6 months.
How DURA-BASE compares against conventional road building techniques
- Installs rapidly with little or no ground preparation required 400m can be laid out per day
- Can be used over water logged sites without waiting for ground to dry
- Relocatable across multiple sites while conventional techniques cannot be moved
- No crush rock top-ups required or recertification after rain events
- Reusable and recyclable
- Less trucks needed for transportation vs aggregate - coverage of 420sqm per semi-trailer
- Minimal topsoil disturbance as mats act as a protect barrier from machines on environmentally sensitive sites
- Does not absorb or retain water
- No risk of cross contamination between sites.
Find out more on how to apply the DURA-BASE innovation to your project, contact our experienced team today.