Product Development Engineer
Location: Brendale, QLD.
Role And Responsibilities
We're looking for a driven Product Development Engineer with a background in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering to spearhead the development of cutting-edge construction matting systems for a 12 month contract with the possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and overseeing the creation of new products that work with soil structure to deliver net-zero and optimised engineering solutions.
This will involve conducting feasibility-level research, prototyping, SWOT analysis, project management, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to bring a successful product to market.
If you have a strong attention to detail, are a great communicator, and thrive in a team environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Conduct market research to assess the feasibility of new product lines
- Collaborate with university partners to leverage their expertise in civil/geotechnical engineering research and development
- Create project briefs and budgets for product development
- Oversee the product development process from ideation to launch
- Develop and conduct lab experiments to validate hypotheses
- Monitor project progress, budget, and resources to ensure timely completion
- Conduct periodic reviews with project sponsor to provide updates on direction and progress
- Conduct accreditation testing and third-party testing
- Ensure timely product certification
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Create CAD/SolidWorks drawings for product design
- Conduct mechanical finite element modeling for product analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical, Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering will be considered. Master's degree preferred
- Experience in product development or research and development in the construction industry is viewed favourably
- Strong background in civil / geotechnical and structural engineering
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in project management software, such as Microsoft Project or Smartsheet
- Proficiency in CAD software, such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- Proficiency in mechanical finite element modelling software, such as ANSYS or Abaqus
To apply, please follow this page and click on Apply.
Applications close Friday 12th May 2023. Please send resume with Statement of Suitability (not exceeding 2 pages) to HR[at]jwaoil.com.